Sunday, January 04, 2009

Steve Huston, destined to be a master







Happy 2009 to you all.....I hope everyone is doing well and off to a good start. I had the pleasure of visiting the Yarger Strauss Gallery in Beverly Hills to see the exhibit of Steve Huston's work titled "Construct" Not only is the exhibit incredible....the paintings monumental, but he also has his sketchbook on display(and chained down) demonstrating his pure genius. As an artist myself, its always great to see the sketchbooks of those I admire, it shows the thought process and approaches, so valuable to those of us who want to learn more about the artist. The sketchbook(available for purchase for 65,000) is filled w/studies for his paintings but also tons of miscellaneous studies and sketches. I think I photographed almost the whole book...The above are just a few pics from that visit, but my pics do his work no justice....check it out yourself...only on until 1/11/09!

15 comments:

Ricardo Guimaraes said...

Hi David!!! I believe I know his work from an American Artist magazine, and of course, the web. His works are indeed amazing and they may have given me nothing but a glimpse of his art. I wonder how marvelous his originals are!!!! An excellent New Year for you and your family David!!

Ramez said...

Woah. Thanks for the pics man. Wish I could see them in person.

niki kehoe said...

Do you have a link for this guy? His work is absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to see more.

Marcelo Vignali said...

I'd have to say, Steve is not destined to become a master, he's already a master.

I'll say, without hesitation, Steve Huston is one of the finest figure draftsman of our age.

Stephen James. said...

Wow, great stuff.

By the way here's the National Geographic "art of" thing I think I mentioned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bur_Se9J2Ao

Braden said...

Man, I am so envious of the fact you had the incredible opportunity to see the originals! Huston is fantastic, and that sketchbook is jawdroppingly beautiful. Thanks David!

Pito said...

Amazing.
Awesome work and great blog.

Saludos.

Shawny said...

Wow, his stuff is really good, Alot of the really really great Artists out there have a similar sketching style. I guess its just mastering that medium.

Marco Bucci said...

THAT is fantastic work. Thanks for the great post!

Tooninator said...

HOLY HELL!!! AMAZING. Wish I had 65,000 sittin' around to buy that book.

Louis-Etienne Vallee said...

amazing ! thanks for posting those pictutes.

swersey said...

that thumbnail is incredible! what medium do you think he uses in the sketchbook, to do the guy in the baseball cap?

Angie said...

i got to have the wonderful experience of having Steve Huston teach an art seminar at my university, it was an unforgettable experience!

said...

情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情網站,色情,情色a片,a片,色情小說,情色文學,情色小說,色情,情色視訊,寄情築園小遊戲,aio交友愛情館,aio,色情遊戲,情色交友,嘟嘟情人色網,言情小說,情色論壇,色情影片,一葉情貼圖片區,av女優,情色網,日本a片,a片下載,a片,a漫,免費a片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,av美女,av,微風成人,成人光碟,成人,成人影城,18成人,成人聊天室,成人圖片區,成人電影,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人影片,成人文章,成人小說,微風成人區,ut聊天室,成人交友,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,美女交友,視訊做愛,做愛,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,情色視訊,視訊,本土自拍,自拍,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊聊天室

gujyfikghkj said...

美女聊天室,18禁,美女自拍,美女自拍,美女聊天室聊天,免費聊天,免費視訊,一對一視訊,一對多視訊,聊天人緣,談情說愛,成人視訊,影音視訊聊天室,相片,靚辣妹群,成人,成人影城,成人影片,線上成人影片,18成人,18禁