Monday, July 28, 2008

San Diego Comic Con 2008





Well....so much anticipation and just like that....poof!!! its gone. Thank you to all of you who came out and said hello to me, introduced yourself, and expressed your affinity for my work. I also appreciate those of you who told me off....that always helps...ha ha ..j/k. Anyway, great meeting new people, seeing old friends and just getting more inspiration from those I already know and from those I had met for the first time. Thank you to my neighbor Mr.Stephen Silver and John Q to my other side...for helping me out during those pee breaks...and of course..my life savor..Heidi Silver!!! thanx alot for so much!!! I am happy my wife, Susan, made it down even if just for Sunday. I hate being away from her. Too many bros to mention, from Joe and Octavio to Patty and Ed...... Here are some commissions I did for fans while @ the con....I always enjoy doing these. I'll upload more shortly

16 comments:

lindsey olivares said...

Hi David,
It's Lindsey, we meet yesterday at comic con, Just wanted to say that It was so nice talking to you, and your animals inspire me so much!
I'll definitely keep checking out your blog!

Dipesh said...

That Rhino is amazing, so are the rest. I have to make it down to the San Diego Con, i'm alway stuck going to the toronto one, although good for buying books, just not the same.

A.K.A L@nda said...

David just made my mind up to stop by and say how awesome yer stuff is. I always take a delight in having a glance at yer artworks and stuff every single time I come by yer blog, its quite inspiring, just like these commisions.

RAWLS said...

Hey David, glad you had a good time at the con. I hope to be there next year. Really great sketches dude! Love the rhino.

boskiman said...

I´m amazed with your book!!
i´ve just finished my animation clases here in spain, and i saw the book in my school. i´m buying it as soon as i can. your animals have lot of weight. i like it so much.
i don´t know if i wrote all that right.
saludos jefe.

Mark aguilar said...

great stuff, I love the fox, he looks like a conniving little guy.

Davipalooza said...

Hey David. Love your stuff. Got your book at Comic Con. I think there is something buggy with your blog. I try to subscribe to the RSS feed and it instead subscribes me to Kelsey Mann's blog. Just thought you should know.

Liron Topaz said...

Hey David,

I finally got to meet you at the comic con the other day. As always your drawings are really inspiring. It was really Cool to see these as you drew them :)

Liron

Brent Gordon said...

Nice stuff Dave! Here's lookin' out. Congrats on you're marriage! She looks lovely.

Jorge "Jay" Garcia said...

Hey David!

It was great to meet'cha at Comicon! It's always great to put faces behind the artists that inspire me. I'm looking forward to next year's convention!

Xavier Marrero said...

Hello David!
Was great to see you again at the Con. Your shirts were awesome. Thanks for your good words and excellent work. Looking forward your new book.
Good health to you buddy!

C.B. Canga said...

these are great.

Ricardo Guimaraes said...

Hi David. It`s on occasions like this that regret living so far (I live in Brazil!)!! I`d love to have attended the Con and to meet you in person. The drawings are really great. Powerful, yet graceful. I loved the Gorilla!! Cheers! PS: If you`re ever in Brazil on vacations with your wife, please let me know!!! :)

Patrick Costa said...

Love the ape!!! Great stuff David.

Zorilita said...

It was nice meeting you before the con started. Thanks for taking a look at my book. =)

Alex said...

the Rhino is pretty badass. through found your blog through a friend of mine