Friday, February 29, 2008

Commissions Wondercon SF 2008


In addition to selling my books and prints at conventions, I now also do commissions for a small fee. I do them on cardboard left over from my book boxes. The cardboard has great texture and the brown tone acts as a keyed canvas so I can play w/lights and darks . It also makes for an interesting novelty for the customer, more so then just plain paper or bristol board. I turn out some pretty interesting and fun images doing whatever the customer/fan wants, from a sketch of their pets to a pinup girl in some bizarre theme. I decided to start taking my laptop and scanner so I can get copies of the pieces I do. Here is one I did @ last week's Wondercon in San Francisco. I will post more very soon, this is just to wet your appetite.....enjoy

6 comments:

Richtoon said...

That's a great idea... I've been saving up these cardboard protection sheets that come with animation paper for just that same reason... except for the whole being well known thing and doing commission work...
But hey!! That's a great Idea!

marcobucci said...

awesome work man!

PEPE said...

Friggin Sweet work bro! that christmas card is killer!!

PEPE said...

I hope all is well with the wedding planning and all the rest!peace!

Bryan Wynia said...

cool idea. I will make sure and pick one up at comic con this year!

EL GRANDE said...

I'll have to give that technique a shot some time. Great results.

Ciao,
Joe y Elio