Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Joe Weatherly


Many of my online fans seem to really like my animal drawings and designs....well meet the man behind the man...
  • Joe Weatherly
  • . Joe is my former mentor and now good friend who got my skills to where they are. My expertise in the discipline of animal drawing would be non-existent without this amazingly talented and experienced artist. His first book, The Weatherly Guide to Drawing Animals has over 4000 copies in circulation and continues to gain fame as THE book on animal drawing.Well, now Joe has a second book, Animal Essence(pictured above) that displays his paintings, illustrations and the steps he takes when embarking on a new wildlife piece. It also shows a rare look into his research trip to the rainforest to study jaguars in their natural habitat.
    His book is being debuted at a special event at his artist studio in Santa Ana(where the walls are covered w/this artrist's master wildlife paintings)

    Saturday May 19th from 5pm-10pm @

    Weatherly Studio Loft
    263 North Bush Street
    Santa Ana, CA 92701

    Try and make time for this one time special event and meet the artist behind the artist...and be one of the first to have this amazing book....which will be signed by Joe himself.

    2 comments:

    Augusto said...

    Hey David. Those are some pretty slick photos of you below, hehe. Thanks for your advice and keep rockin on those drawings man, they're sweet.

    LeftyJoe said...

    Salutations and good tidings. I wanted to commend you on drawing. Yes, my incorrect grammar is not accidental. I want to extend a kudos to you, on drawing. You do it well. And this drawing shows just how well you do. Seriously, how extensive was the study for this drawing? If you tell me this was just a random etching, I just may have an embolism.
    Reply at your leisure, thank you in advance for any attention this comment may receive.
    An art comrade,
    Leftyjoe,
    aka David Torres.