Friday, October 13, 2006

I am the Walrus


Okay, ya'll must be getting sick of my animal characters, but please understand I am so submersed in this current project(Art of Animal Character Design with David Colman...... but going to print before Halloween)so I have tons of animal based designs.. I would love to post some of the sexy kungfu girls I have been drawing for a freelance client, but its really hush hush right now, when the time is right you kids will get to see the cash and prizes. Know that I do draw other things, but the animal art is my passion...hell art is my passion....Okay, diarrhea of the mouth just a little here....
Anywho, this is a chocolate loving walrus I drew in Alias Sketchbook pro based off a 1 inch drawing(that big, can u even call it a drawing??) I did in a meeting,scanned it and this is what came of it. So not completely digital but the product is so different from the original that it stands alone.
Well, enjoy.....or dont

17 comments:

CHoGrin said...

~David, this is awesome! When is your book coming out, so I can spread the word out over here. I actually got a year pass to the Philadelphia and did a sketch of an elepahnt that I'm quite happy with. I'll post it on my blog soon. Hope everything is going awesome over there! Take care man and may the artistic forces be with thou.~

SInceramente,

{Lil, Joe}
-chogrin-

flipstudios said...

I for one am NOT getting sick of your animal characters. I love them. I can't wait for your book. The walrus has great weight too. Well done,

Andrew

Alina Chau said...

awesome character!! love the form and weight!

craig said...

Great face on this guy. Very cool

Jayenti Collins said...

you make it look so easy! each piece just has so much energy and life to it!

Mike Collins said...

so if i opt to not like just because it's soo good-looking, will i envoke the wrath of the colman? ;) just kidding. amazing as always my friend. absolutely amazing!!

Hans said...

Awesome walrus David, I'm definitely enjoying it! Very nice lines and design as always. I'm not sure what the rules are, but I think it's called a drawing all the way down to 1"x1", after that it's just "stuff" on paper.
Well, can't say I'm not looking forward to seeing the sexy kung fu girls!!!, but you're animal designs are always a treat!

Take care,

Hans

party for my enemies said...

I'm pretty excited to hear that there is an Art of Animal Drawing by you that's coming out really soon. I love your designs!

Lauren said...

This is lovely. It looks so soft I could hug it.

chia said...

Wow, it's like looking in the mirror. Though he's missing my stylish suspenders and arm garters.
Also, I have to echo Andrew here, I don't think i could ever get tired of your animal drawings (though there is always room for kung fu girls).

Mark McDonnell said...

Nice man. Love the aquatic animals. . . mmmmmmmm.

MAC

marcobucci said...

David! Been a fan of your work for awhile. We actually posted on each other's DA sites awhile back. I absolutely love your designs. Masterful shapes, and hilarious caricatures of nature. I'll be visiting often!

Patrick Costa said...

Who could be sick of your animal characters? I love 'em. This guy is great.

Todd Harris said...

man, these are great character sketches. can't wait to see your book when it coms out.

Shawn said...

Always enjoyed, The animals are coool. I like all the different shapes you give to them, they seem so malleable when you draw them.

Ziomal said...

Very nice! I like it. north carolina law enforcement

The Laughing Chimp said...

NICE!!!
When is your book coming out?
Can't wait to get my hands on it.