Wednesday, August 09, 2006

More pics from Amsterdam





Well, you all know me, even though I am away on holiday I still have to study. Get out there and lift some weights.... My sister and I went to the Artis Zoo today, not that large but a really nice zoo. I got to see some animals that I usually don't like a snow owl, and several others. In addition, they allow the visitors to get super close to the animals...even the wild cats...Got to see a black jaguar from only a 2 ft away and check out the pics of the giraffe.
Due to the time of year there were also tons of babies.....guess fall and winter was cold......
Overall, I enjoyed the visit and what struck me most was the amazing sculptures they had around the grounds. I will post some of my study sketches soon.....

Went to the Rijks Museum day before yesterday.....seeing some of Rembrandt's work up close was a real treat. I only posted one pic from there, a beautiful painting of some gamecocks...

1 comment:

Andrew Shek said...

thats an amazingly good polar bear sculpt