Thursday, March 23, 2006

A True Genius- Richard Morris






I want to take a moment to send a thank you to an amazing teacher,new friend, and great guy;Richard(Rick) Morris.
I have been taking private classes w/him and my Mom for some time now.Every Saturday I hunker down in my Mom's studio
and soak up the knowledge of this young master painter and illustrator. I am completely blown away by not only the mastery of his craft, but how well he communicates such an endless discipline. I have so far to go w/my painting skills but I feel I have finally strolled out onto the path and w/his guidance and mentoring I know I will grow and blossom. I was impressed with him since day one but finally see the light as I am slowly, but steadily, gaining confidence in my painting and it is b/c of his teaching.
He teaches @LAAFA in the San Fernando Valley and I strongly suggest you check out his site to find out more info on this absolutely fantastic artist and impressive teacher. I only hope you all get to experience his classes and his knowledge along your personal quest for greatness, b/c he will surely get you there.


(paste link in your browser to begin your journey)
http://smvstudio.com/RICHARDMORRIS/RMIndex.htm

3 comments:

cdeboda said...

Interesting, Richard Morris is actually giving a 2-Day workshop close to where I live (in Encinitas) on 3/31 - 4/1. And since you gave such glowing remarks...perhaps I'll check out this workshop. Thanks for the heads up.

THE ISYS1002ENTTERTAINMENT B.L.O.G. said...

I MUST ADMIT I WASNT IMPRESSED WITH ANYTHING UNTIL I SAW HIS DRAWINGS...
NOW THOSE ARE PHENOMINAL:) I DONT KNOW HOW ANYONE COULD DO BLACK AND WHITE ANY BETTER THAN THAT... IF HE COULD GIVE ME A COURSE ON THAT THEN IT WOULD BE WORTH THE TIME AND DINERO..

MAYBE I DONT HAVE AN EYE FOR ART.. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO OIL, MY FAVE IS ALWAYS BORIS VALLEJO AND JULIE BELL.

MAN OH MAN....YOU GUYS IN CALI HAVE ALL THE LUCK :)

gcastro3d said...

I too am close to the the workshop being held this weekend.

Don't think i can swing the friday time though since i'll be at work :\